Atlanta’s downtown excites and charms
Downtown Atlanta is enjoying a full-on renaissance fueled by corporate investments and creative young professionals who are choosing the city’s metro core over suburban living. Since Kimpton Overland Hotel is a mere nine minutes from this flurry of fabulousness, we recommend taking a cab, Uber or subway and have an Atlanta adventure of your own.
- Georgia Aquarium - Tens of thousands of animals swimming in over 10 million gallons of water call Georgia Aquarium home. See them for yourself through some of the largest viewing windows in the world.
- College Football Hall of Fame - 95,000 square feet. A 45-yard indoor football field. More than 50 engaging and interactive exhibits. A shrine to the greatest to ever play or coach the game. All in the heart of downtown Atlanta.
- Delta Flight Museum - Standing in the heart of Delta’s Atlanta headquarters, the 68,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art attraction makes a perfect outing for family, friends, school groups and more.
- Centennial Olympic Park – This 22-acre green space features the world’s largest interactive fountain, a Great Lawn for picnicking, amphitheater, sculptures, playgrounds and more.
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium – Home of the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United, this stadium treats you to skyline views and “neighborhood” bars to deliver a world-class fan experience.
- SkyView Atlanta – Take a vertical spin 20 stories into the sky and witness Atlanta in panoramic splendor.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park – See Dr. King’s birth home, listen to his speeches, browse exhibits anymore at a 35-acre park honoring the civil rights hero.
- World of Coca-Cola – Take a selfie with the Coca-Cola Polar Bear, peek at the vault containing the secret formula and taste 100+ beverages from around the globe.
Sprinkled around Downtown are vibrant neighborhoods brimming with one-of-a-kind restaurants, nightlife, galleries, markets and more. Like Midtown Atlanta’s High Museum of Art and the sprawling Piedmont Park. Plus East Atlanta Village, Old Fourth Ward, Castleberry Hill, Virginia-Highlands, Inman Park, Grant Park, the West End and Decatur are all worthy of a visit.